IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Need Of A Life Makeover Please All Your Prayers Are Greatly Appreciated
lostinlife
post Feb 28 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 655

I HAVE BEEN BATTLING WITH INSECURITIES ALL MY LIFE. I GRE UP AS A CHILD THAT WAS ALWAYS TOLD THAT I WAS UGLY BY FRIENDS, AND SOMETIMES FAMILY. I WAS NEVER THE MOST POPULAR ONE IN THE BUNCH, AND I DID SHAMEFUL THINGS IN MY LIFE, THINKING THAT IT WOULD MAKE ME FIT IN. I AM NOW 28 Y/O WITH A BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER, AND THE FIRST THING THAT COMES OUT OF PEOPLE MOUTHS IS "THANK GOD SHE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE YOU" I STILL CARRY SOME HEAVY INSECURITIES IN MY LIFE, AND I KNOW THAT IT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING THE BEST WOMAN THAT I CAN BE. I'VE MADE MAJOR CHANGES AND PROGRESS TO MAKE MY SELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT THE WAY I LOOK. HOWEVER, I STILL JUST DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH MY SELF, WHEN I WALK OUT THE DOOR. CONSTANTLY CHECKING THE MIRROR, CONSTANTLY FIXING MY HAIR. OR SECOND GUESSING WHAT I DECIDED TO PUT ON. PEOPLE TELL ME I LOOK GOOD, OR THAT I AM BEAUTIFUL, AND I FEEL AS IF THEY ARE JUST PLAYING WIHT MY EMOTIONS. I NEED TO FEEL COMFORTABLE ABOUT ME. AFTER ALL THE YEARS, YOU WOULD THING I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OVER IT, BUT I HAVEN'T. IT'S RUINING ME, AND ITS RUINING THE RELATIONSHIPS THAT I HAVE WITH OTHER PEOPLE. I NEED HELP. I DONT WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE LIKE THIS ANYMORE. LORD PLEASE GIVE ME THE THE STREGTH TO LOVE AND APPRECIATE THE PERSON THAT I AM. AND TO BETTER MYSELF, AND BE THE GREAT WOMAN THAT I KNOW I CAN BE!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Feb 28 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi! About 10 years ago, I was priveleged to atend a performance of a Christian artist named Sally Klein O'Connor. I was struck by the pure emotion she put in her original music. Her style was story-telling, like Harry Chapin. As I read your post, I was reminded of her testimony. I don't remember the details, but it was something like, after a tragic childhood and young adult life that left her horribly scarred on her face, she came to God, seeking His will for her life. I thought it was something close to a miracle, as looks-oriented as, even Christian, show business is, but here she was in front of 500 people.

During her testimony, she mentioned something that your prayer request reminded me of. She said she remembered reading in the Bible where God called what was not as though it was. "He called me who was not as though I was. And I was!" It was clear to me, her life had been miraculously transformed and I was witnessing a new person. The Bible also says the Holy Spirit will call everything to remembrance. I believe He has, just now, to tell you your prayer is answered.

I'll be praying for you.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
semi
post Feb 28 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #3

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Whatever happened to that old saying: "If you can't say something good about some-one, don't say anything at all"?

I think we can all look around and see many beautiful women that are pleasing to the eyes but not at all some-one a person can trust or would want to be married to because of who they are inside.

To that end we read in the Bible that God looks not at the outer appearance but upon our hearts because in the final analysis the only thing that really counts is who we are inside. Are we a Godly spirit or an evil spirit?

May the Lord give you His Love and Peace, In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Shalom.

+Quote Post
WithAllMyHeart
post Mar 1 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #4

Veteran

Member No.: 437

Hello Found : )
Plz forgive me, but I can't refer to "ewe" as lost when it appears that The Lord has found "ewe".

I've learned that what Semi quoted can even be more important when it comes to
what we say about ourselves..
It comes naturally for me to insult my own appearance.
I am 40 and have never been viewed as ''the beauty'', nor have I known what it is to be loved
by a man, though I've been married two times. But I do know what it is to be LOVED
by THE LORD and I've learned in my life that the only thing that really
matters is GOD & HIS WORD. Which tells a whole different story about those who
believe in Him, then what others may say about us or even how we down ourselves.

Getting what God has said inside WORKS, I've learned to say what God has said, because
it's apparent when things are going bad, or when my health was really down, my complexion
and hair just were not nice and I didn't feel attractive, let alone desirable. But God's Words
to me never changed, it never will and over time those words have healed so much of what I
once carried around. I am what God says I am and so are you!! You are Found, You are precious,
let what God says drowned out all those other irrelevant voices, that only destroy and tear "ewe" down.
God wants to build you up, on HIS SURE FOUNDATION, to be the woman of virtue whom He has
called you to be : ) This is a work of His grace and His grace towards you is AMAZING, let that
be what you meditate upon and not those words that say you are not good enough.

I know this journey of accepting God's grace and love in regard to my body as well as to who I
am within.. I also know that God formed you and said it was GOOD!!!!!

Being a Believer means we agree with The Lord & the world at large is painting a different image
then that of God's..

gracefully & prayerfully ~ dani : )

--------------------
...Wherever He Leads Me
... I Shall Follow...

+Quote Post
Tina
post Mar 2 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #5

User

Member No.: 622

HI there

The only thing that comes to mind is: You are perfect! God created you in image of himself. And he does not make mistakes!

I pray that you will love yourself and accept Gods love and acceptance of you! You are awesome - a divine creature. No clothes, hairdo's, make-overs, etc can ever alter who you are inside. And that is your true beauty. You are loved and cherished and I truly believe you are gorgeous!

AMEN

Tina

+Quote Post
lostinlife
post Mar 2 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 655

FIRST OF, I WANT TO SAY..THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE. I AM SUCH A PRIVATE PERSON, A LOT OF MY INNER FEELINGS I KEEP TO MY SELF. I DONT SHARE THEM WITH MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER, LET ALONE MY OWN MOTHER. SOMETIMES I AM EMBARRASED AT HOW I FEEL, AND I DONT HAVE THE COURAGE TO SPEAK UPON IT. I HARBOR EVERYTHING INSIDE. HAVING THIS SITE TO FINALLY EXPRESS MY SELF, AND GET SOME ENCORAGEMENT AND ADVICE MEANS A LOT TO ME. I AM THANKFUL FOR EVERYONES COMMENTS. IT HAS PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE, AND IS HELPING ME TO UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT IN LIFE. I WANT TO BUILD A SOLID RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, SO THAT I CAN BEGAN TO BUILD A SOLID RELATIONSHIP WITH MY SELF. YOUR COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!

+Quote Post
Glen
post Mar 3 2008, 07:19 AM
Post #7

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

You're welcome and God bless you. Please keep posting your thoughts and feelings, and, if you notice someone else, here, that you could encourage, please do so.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
stingray
post Mar 9 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #8

User

Member No.: 674

I am like you in alot of ways. I keep things and feelings bottled up inside. Please know i am praying for you and that God is listening to you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:34 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here