IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Only By God's Grace..., Brother addicted to crack
searching4truth
post Jul 6 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 808

Hello,

What a wonderful discovery that I can ask for prayer help from brothers and sisters in Christ on such a large scale. What we need is only something that can be achieved by God's intervention.

My older brother who was once a professional earning 6 figures has in the past 3 years become a slave to crack cocaine. He has reduced himself to living in fleabag hotels, left his wife and beautiful little boy and has not worked for at least 2 years.

He called me today after 6 months of no contact to ask for money. He has burned through approximately $75,000 in the past 6 months. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do but I'm proud to say I refused. My parents, my younger brother and myself have made a pact to refuse all requests for money or anything else that might feed his addiction. We love him and would never deny him help to recover.

I ask you to pray that God watch over him and to guide him in a path to recovery and healing even if it means having to walk down a road to absolute devastation. I ask you to pray for me and my family to be strong and allow God's will to be done and to be alert to God's wisdom and guidance in our actions and words.

Thank - you and may the peace of the Lord be with you and yours.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tina
post Jul 7 2008, 06:07 AM
Post #2

User

Member No.: 622

Hi there

I can only imagine how hard this is on your family. I have a very dear friend who's daughter is a heroin addict. It can literally put your life on hold or destroy it completely. I will keep your family in my prayers. I will pray that he gets the strenght to fight his demons and that God will protect him.

Tina

+Quote Post
Deb
post Jul 7 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #3

Veteran

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 6

My prayers go out to your family. Addiction is a powerful destroyer of families. Congratulations to all of you for being strong and not being co-dependent to your brother's problem. I know it is very difficult to say no, when asked for money or anything else, however it is the best thing you can do for him. I have watched families do the exact opposite, and as you say, it is "feeding" the addict. It is very sad to watch this happen to families, especially when there is denial involved by the ones who love the addict and contribute to the disease process.

God Bless you all. Keep strong, and keep on praying that your brother will hit his "bottom" soon and will seek recovery.

We will be praying too.

--------------------
In God's Hands, Deb

+Quote Post
KevinDT
post Jul 7 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #4

Veteran

Member No.: 753

prayers for you as you ask. may the lord help him swiftly to come out of the pit. good job on resisting, that much be really hard. my mom was on coke for a really long time and she got helped by David Wilkersons program world challenge. they help the person to beat the addiction and help them to walk the straight and narrow with the lord if u didnt know already. well, my prayers will be with ur family and ur brother, goodbye and godbless.

+Quote Post
searching4truth
post Jul 7 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 808

Tina, Kevin and Deb,

Thanks ever so much for your prayers and words of support and encouragement - it means more than you can ever imagine. Simply by the act of prayer and knowing others are praying for my brother and family I am strengthened and can hold onto the hope and belief that God is at the helm.

A thought was placed in my mind today that perhaps each time my brother asks for money that I should take the money he asks for and put it away in a trust account. So when the time comes for his healing and treatment it can be used for this good purpose. And if his path never leads him there it will be there for his son's education and well-being.

God Bless you all.

+Quote Post
KevinDT
post Jul 18 2008, 05:02 AM
Post #6

Veteran

Member No.: 753

u must be extremely brilliant or that thought was an act of god. that is very noble and caring of u and is a wonderful idea! i wish somebody would have though of that for my mother cause now she is struggle to get a job and a car and stuff since she has been clean. she has been clean for 3 years now and still cannot find a job because of her felony convictions. well, i will continue to pray for u, ur family, and ur brother. well, goodbye and godbless

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:27 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here