IPB

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help For People With Chronic Illness
BlessedBee
post Jun 1 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #1

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 351

Hello, I found this website while doing an online search for Christian communities with an active online presence. I am unable to join and attend a local church because of a serious chronic illness, Lou Gerhrig's Disease (ALS). I am pretty much bedridden due to the disease progression.

Besides a desire to belong to a Christian community, I've been looking for a way to reach out to other people with chronic illnesses to help encourage them, share with them my journey of faith, and pray with them. I've been doing extensive bible studies on Divine Healing, and feel the Lord is guiding me to do something productive with what I am learning.

If anyone else in this community is suffering from a chronic illness, and would like a caring and understanding friend, please let me know; I would love to meet you.

ReneM.

Psalms107:20
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

--------------------
ReneM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BlessedBee
post Jun 12 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #2

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 351

Does anyone here suffer with high blood pressure? I've had this for 15-20 years, been on several different meds, suffered with side effects, found one that didn't make me sick, and yesterday, at the drs. my BP was 168/90.....geewiz, what's with that?

She wants to up my dosage, so she gave me some expired samples to try for two weeks. I thought the high reading might be due to "white coat syndrome" so I thought I'd keep a record to show her the readings I get at home with my home monitor, but the readings are all over the place. Is this normal? My home monitor is good quality, and I'm taking the readings as per instructions.

Just curious how others are handling their problem.

--------------------
ReneM

+Quote Post
semi
post Aug 1 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #3

Advanced

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 397

Blessedbee -

I am sorry to hear of your ALS. I pray that the Lord heal you or give you some respite.

I am new to this board. I find that every board is different in some bewildering way but try to adapt - you know, "When in Rome..."

Shalom.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:49 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here