1. Why do you feel Paul went to Jerusalem to visit the Christian leaders?
2. What does Paul mean by saying he may have run his race in vain?
3. Who are the false brothers Paul refers to and what does all this have to do with circumcision?
4. Who do you feel Paul is referring to by, "those men who seemed to be important...added nothing to my message?"
5. When Peter visited Antioch, who do you feel was considered the human leader of the Christian church?
6. What do you feel the reaction would be today in your church or denomination if someone accused a leader of hypocrisy? Whose side would most people take? Would the reaction be different if the accusation were true? Explain!
7. Give some examples of how Christian leaders today respond to various interest groups within the church. How does this compare with Peter's example...with Paul's?
8. Do you feel Paul was right in publically rebuking Peter? Why/Why not?
9. Who do you think the "circumcision group" is and what does this have to do with being justified by obeying the Law?
10. If no one is justified by observing the Law, how could the Old Testament people be saved?
11. Explain verse 20...what do you feel Paul means and how does it apply to you?